The mission of the Sustainability Committee is to inform, educate and support APWA members in implementation of sustainable design, construction, management and operation of public works.
- Next Meeting: Wednesday, April 12th from 7:30 – 8:30 AM, at the Spring APWA conference in Seaside, Oregon
- Oregon’s first Envision Award goes to the Tualatin Valley Water District’s Ridgewood View Park Reservoir and Pump Station! (September 2016)
- ASCE Interchange Education Videos with episodes centering on Creating Sustainable Communites: The Role of the Civil Engineer
- Congratulations to Mike Faha on winning the 2016 National Sustainability Practices Individual Award!
- Center for Sustainability releases new C4S Sustainaiblity Toolkit (September 2016)
- Sustainability Committee’s first tour featured in newsletter article! A big thank you to the participants, sponsors and Metro for hosting!
Education and Training Opportunities:
- Click Listen and Learn Archived Webinars (Must be an APWA Member to View)
- Resilient Cities – A Discussion with Chief Resilience Officers, April 16, 2015 at 8:00am Pacific Time
- Envision: The Sustainability Rating System for All Infrastructure
- Sustainable City Network Archived Webinars
Blogs and On-line Communities:
- APWA National Center for Sustainability Blog
- APWA InfoNOW Sustainability Community -Browse to Sustainability Community, must login to APWA site to participate – March 2013
- Institute for Sustainable Infrastructure: blog- LinkedIn Group
Infrastructure Sustainability Links:
- APWA Center For Sustainability
- Institute for Sustainable Infrastructure (ISI) – Founded by APWA, ACEC, ASCE in collaboration with Harvard University
- ODOT Sustainability Program
- FHWA Sustainable Highways Initiative
- Center for Environmental Excellence by AASHTO
- Sustainable City Network
- The Security and Sustainability Forum
Infrastructure Sustainability Rating Tools:
- ISI Envision Sustainable Infrastructure Rating System- Envision™ provides a holistic framework for evaluating and rating the community, environmental, and economic benefits of all types and sizes of infrastructure projects.
- Envision Rating System Checklist – A simplified form of the Envision Rating System (Excel based)
- FHWA INVEST – Sustainable Highways Self-Evaluation Tool
- Greenroads – The Greenroads Rating System is a third-party, points-based system available to certify sustainable roadway and transportation infrastructure projects
- STARS (Sustainable Transportation Analysis & Rating System) – An integrated planning framework for transportation plans and projects. Based on sustainability principles, STARS gives planners, citizens and decision-makers the ability to evaluate the full life cycle of transportation plans and projects, identifying innovative options, and improving decision-making.
Lieden Cook, 541-966-0245(Board Liaison)